Why would you want to sing in choir?
JUST FOR STUDENTS: Top 10 Reasons To Join the Red Rose Choir
- You get to be loud. Always feel like you’re being shushed by teachers and adults? In choir, you’re actually encouraged to make noise.
- Friendship. More than 42 million Americans sing in a choir, so you’re sure to make some new buddies.
- See the world! We go on tours to exciting and faraway places.
- Begin the path to stardom. Mega-celebs Beyoncé and Justin Timberlake started their careers singing in school and church choirs. Even President Obama was once a choral singer.
- Bring home A’s. Research shows that students who sing in choruses get better grades than students who don’t.
- Make your college application shine. Admission folks will love to see that you’re involved in extracurricular activities—especially an activity like choir, which develops teamwork skills and self discipline.
- L’amour. Lots of singers date people they meet in choir, because after all, music is the food of love.
- Back rubs. Yeah, that’s right: back rubs. We, like many choruses, do them as part of our rehearsal warm-ups.
- No schlepping. Singing does not require carrying around heavy instruments or gym bags. All you need is your fab voice.
- Bragging rights. Not everyone can say they’ve been in the spotlight, but you’ll be able to because singing in a choir gives you the opportunity to be front and center, baby!